- Broken Base: Endless debates as to whether or not everything after their reunion (Attak-onward) is good. This is often also referred to as "post-En Esch".
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Pretty much all of their self parodying songs have at least one.
- "Naive", "Juke Joint Jezebel", "A Drug Against War", "Megalomaniac" and "Anarchy" are particularly anthemic and awesome.
- Dork Age: MDFMK refused to play KMFDM songs, which led to an outcry by fans. The band reformed under their original name and returned to playing their back catalog.
- Face of the Band: Sascha counts as this trope.
- Not just Sascha. Mention En Esch in a music conversation and if they're familiar with him, you'll get: "Wasn't he in KMFDM?". Mention Tim Skold, and you'll most likely get: "Wasn't he in Marilyn Manson's band?" "No, he was in KMFDM too. "...Who the hell is that?"
- Music to Invade Poland to: Accused of this in relation to the Columbine Massacre, despite the fact that the band is strongly against National Socialism. Unfortunately, their more tongue-in-cheek songs gained some Misaimed Fandom.
- Nightmare Fuel: "The Unrestrained Use Of Excessive Force". It's pretty easy if you listen to a lot of old-school industrial...