YMMV: Highlander: The Search for Vengeance
- Anvilicious: The film's view of revenge is blatantly one-sided to the point of being cliché and fails to consider that sometimes, it's justified.
- Iron Woobie /Jerkass Woobie: Colin.
- Protagonist-Centered Morality: For all the film's posturing about Colin being selfish for being obsessed with revenge; it glosses over the fact that Moya betrayed his trust by drugging him, offering herself as a bribe to Marcus, and then strong-arming him into promising not to seek revenge despite the fact that she caused all of it through her own selfishness.
- Surprisingly Improved Sequel: While not a sequel per se, most people agree that this film is better than anything that came before (or after), with the exception of the 1986 original and the TV series.
- A lot of this comes from just how loyal it is to the rules of the series. Everything from how one becomes an Immortal, to The Buzz when they near another, to rules like holy ground being sacred and only one to a fight, are all strictly honored by the filmmakers. Not to mention the animated medium really showing just how far removed from mortals Immortals are for the very first time.