YMMV: Hayate × Blade
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Ensuu. The only thing that's certain about her is that she's a Blood Knight who has very little regard for the rules of the Hoshitori or the well-being of others. However, it's next to impossible to say if her excessive brutality in battle stems from her taking genuine glee in hurting people, from a more simple and almost animalistic savagery, or even from Mei's manipulations and instructions. It could even be all three. It's also not quite clear if she even understands that hurting people in battle is wrong.
- Crazy Awesome: Everyone, but special mention goes to Hitsugi, who is so good at running everyone ragged because she's just plain nuts, and "Yagyuu" Makoto, who has managed to both convince herself she's in some sort of samurai story, and to learn mostly-competent swordsmanship from watching movies and reading novels (and then there's the fact that she thought this was a good idea in the first place).
- Crosses the Line Twice: Riona and Kiriya's... everything.
- Dude, Not Funny!: Not always though.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Oh so many, but one of the funniest is Ayana's 'Dainingen Giri' where she picks Hayate up and swings her around like a big blade.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Also very many instances.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Although just a manga (and therefore no actual sound can be heard by the reader), a certain Student Council President won't defeat an opponent of hers in a certain battle until the song in the background is at its climax.
- Les Yay: A lot (mostly between shinyuu), though Jun is the only one with an explicit interest in the female form. ...A very, very explicit interest.
- Sae and Akira probably have the most Non-joke amount of Les Yay, Sae really can't stand her Fiancee and has stated that she would rather marry Akira, unlike most instances when someone says this, there is no joke and its played completely straight.
- Hitsugi and Miyamoto also have a special relationship that even with Hitsugi's epic Troll nature still is played seriously more often then being a joke setup.
- Memetic Molester: Jun is this on both sides of the Fourth Wall.
- Portmanteau Couple Name: Due to the Theme Naming for a large part of the cast. Can also be Idiosyncratic Ship Naming.
- The Scrappy: Ryouichi. Tatewaki gets more love than he does.
- Take That, Scrappy!: The last we see of Ryouichi, he's crying in his car thanks to Sae putting him in his place.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: The Kurogane twins' mother is very obviously female, but before she unzipped her jacket and revealed her rather impressive chest, her gender was pretty ambiguous. It didn't help that she and her daughters introduced her as the Kurogane Twins' "father."
- What an Idiot: Whoever it was who decided to give Jun the job of designing the costumes for the class' maid cafe had a screw or two loose.
Ayana: "Who's the brainless wonder who put Kuga in charge of clothing design?!!"