- Cult Classic
- Fridge Logic: Any foreigner who enters Parmistan has to play "the Game". No one has won in nine centuries. The princess's mother was Indonesian. How does that work?
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The entire sequence in the village is so eerily similar to the ganado village in Resident Evil 4, you'll wonder if employees at Capcom are fans of this movie.
- Memetic Mutation:
- Of a sort, specifically in the early days of Mystery Science Theater 3000. Although they (sadly) never actually riffed the film itself, Joel and the Bots would often respond to a particularly acrobatic or sudden on-screen attack by shouting "GYMKATA!"
- Ever since the film was released on DVD, fans have been clamoring for MST3K successor RiffTrax to handle the film. No word yet on whether or not it'll happen, but one can dream. In the meantime, the meme has been used in several Rifftrax, ensuring its survival for years to come.
- Red Letter Media's The Best of the Worst had them reviewing the game, and yes, at one point they shout "GYMKATA!" They also dub the protagonist "Gymkata" since his actual name is unmemorable.
- Narm: "There's just a little anti-American sentiment, nothing to worry about—" <arrow to the chest>.
- So Bad, It's Good: Oh yeah. Who cares about the plot when you have a man using gymnastics to beat up crazy people?