* TheCastShowoff: Herve Villechaize once took art lessons at Paris' Beaux-Arts. In later episodes, Tattoo was sometimes shown painting landscapes, and one guest admired a painting in Mr. Roarke's office, which Mr. Roarke said Tattoo had painted.
* MemeticMutation: "De plane! De plane!" and "Smiles, everyone, smiles!" from the beginning of every episode.
** Both were subjected to DiscreditedMeme in the remake, as Roarke tells one of his employees to never shout about the plane's arrival again, and is quite irritated that he has to keep reminding everyone to smile while greeting the guests.
* NightmareFuel: Several of the "dreams" were, well, unsettling.
** One episode literally so, as a guest wants to experience a recurring nightmare all the way through to the end which she previously always missed when scared awake.
* TheUntwist: After the third or fourth time it was used (which is to say, early in the first season), the discovery that a fantasy love interest was actually ''another customer'' with a similar fantasy (who had presumably arrived on the island via a different means from da plane) grew to be expected.
** Another Untwist: In sports fantasies, a guest will be given a magical piece of sporting equipment - a magic riding crop, magic ice skates, etc. - but is told at the end after he won the Big Game/Big Race that [[MagicFeather the items were ordinary]] and '[[StockAesop all the talent was in you when you started to believe in yourself]]'.
* WildMassGuessing: Mr. Rourke is a benevolent [[Series/StarTrekTheNextGeneration Q]].
* YouLookFamiliar: Wendy Schaal played different characters in two separate stories before returning the next year to play Tattoo substitute Julie.