- Alternate Character Interpretation: Is Ivi just self-absorbed and afraid of being alone, or is she truly evil?
- Fridge Logic: In Ella Enchanted, Prince Charmont is visiting the court in Ayortha during Ella's stint at Finishing School. And Areida is there at Finishing School at the same time. And during this time Aza is there at court too. But we never hear mention of the Prince at all during the course of the book.
- It's possible that he avoids the Ayorthains as much as he can since they seem to make him uncomfortable.
- Les Yay: Aza had to carry Ivi when they were running from the choirmaster. Plus, the way Ivi acts sometimes...
Ivi: Do you care about me deeply?
- Narm: The singing in place of speaking. "I am loyal to Ayortha-a-a-a-a!"
- Nightmare Fuel: How would you like to die? Being snatched from your own body and thrust into a magic mirror with a talking spider? And on top of that, you're weightless.
- Tear Jerker: Oh, where do we begin?!
- The Woobie: Aza, so MUCH. Poor thing.
- Unnecessary Makeover: Aza does indeed become the standard definition of beauty, but both Ijori and the Gnomes find it almost grotesque.