YMMV: Eyes Wide Shut
- Awesome Music: Par for the course in a Kubrick film:
- Best Known for the Fanservice: The average person doesn't know much in the movie aside from nude Nicole Kidman (at times kissing naked Tom Cruise, as seen on the poster) and the infamous masked orgy.
- Everyone Is Satan in Hell: One website claims that Kubrick was murdered by the Illuminati because the orgy scene was too accurate.
- Harsher in Hindsight: When the wife tells her tale to the protagonist, what you get to see is the face of Tom Cruise listening at Nicole Kidman - his wife - describing how he doesn't understand women. The couple's real-life successive break-up makes this almost prophetic.
- Hype Backlash: It was really hyped for being Kubrick's swan song, and having an attached campaign of secrecy that had been going strong for nearly half a decade. Many ended up disappointed.
- True Art Is Incomprehensible: You'd think a film with a plot as simple as "a man discovers his wife contemplated an affair a year ago, and contemplates having one himself," would be a simple enough experience. You would be dead wrong.
- Then again, many would say this is par for course when it comes to Kubrick.