YMMV: Defying Gravity
- Alternative Character Interpretation: The series seems to expect us to root for Zoe/Donner. But witness just how often she tells him to back off and he continues to push into her space and intervene in her life as if he has a right to. While sleeping with someone else, even!
- Crosses the Line Twice: Zoe's Halloween costume, after her hysterectomy, is what she would "never become": a pregnant astronaut
- Foe Yay: Paula and Wass
- Fridge Brilliance: Why do we have FTL communication in an otherwise fairly hard Sci-Fi show? The Alpha and Beta objects when they're first detected communicate using some sort of FTL radio, their communication is picked up by radio telescope scientist types, and there's clearly no communication lag. From studying the communication and the Beta object FTL telecomms is born.
- Narm: "It's our space baby!"
- Romantic Plot Tumor: The show spends tons of time on how Donner and Zoe had sex, she got pregnant, didn't continue the relationship, but now are stuck in space together for six years! Cue drama!
- The Woobie: Ajay