YMMV: Defense Devil
- Bellisario's Maxim: The implications of resetting time after fulfilling the contract. You won't have to think about the implications of the time resets for the unknown souls of minor characters. However, once time resets for a key member of the cast, you may be prone to quite a bit of Fridge Logic.
- Complete Monster: Big Bad Elimona is a manipulative, and sociopathic Fallen Angel who believes everything exists for her amusement and pleasure. Stripped of her divine position for manipulating humans into warring against one another, Elimona conspired to gain her powers back by manipulating The Hero and good hearted demon Kucabara into being her errand boy. When she reveals her true plans, Elimona poisons Kucabara's friend Idamaria and steals the latent powers of Lilith from her. She sets up the demon world (where demons aren't actually evil) to be subject to genocide at the hands of the angels, while she regains her powers. When she sees Kucabara's brother, Legato, planning to destroy the demon world before the Angels can arrive, she threatens to enslave their souls and submit them to a world of slavery at her and the other angels' feet. Elimona displays a Lack of Empathy for everyone, even her own angel kin, and when defeated, she opts to drag as many of Kucabara and his friends into the grave with her as she can.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Kucabara threatening to blow up an oil rig if the demons fighting over it don't kiss and make up, literally. Then he makes them say that they are sorry.
"Such a brutal and cruel scheme..."
- Moe: Jupiter and to some degree, Idamaria.
- Nightmare Fuel
- Tear Jerker: Shugarl's Heroic Sacrifice.
- When Bichula finds out Kucabara has been giving him the only food available when the two are locked away without any food or water...while pretending he had already eaten enough. Bichula can't stop the tears when Kucabara keeps up the facade giving him food that is actually his.
- You'll also find new, stong sympathy to Legato's and Kucabara's supposedly tyrannic father after chapter 92.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Symbolic?