YMMV: Dead Silence
- Awesome Music: The theme tune.
- Complete Monster: Mary Shaw was a ventriloquist in life who ended up murdering a little boy who had heckled her performance to turn his corpse into a "perfect doll." After being on the receiving end of vigilante justice, Shaw became a ghost that haunted those who had killed her, dedicating her un-death to killing them. She begins the movie by killing the hero's pregnant wife, as "she had the last" of his family line inside her. Using her dolls as mediums, Shaw revels in killing those in her way and whoever she encounters throughout the film, displaying nothing but cruelty and a desire to make her perfect doll.
- Narm: If you get the Fridge Brilliance the first time you see the movie, then the part about Edward being turned into a ventriloquist doll, especially the scene with his back hollowed to make room for the wooden shaft can become really hilarious.
- The entire film could be this to viewers who don't find puppets or dolls to be creepy.
- "Now, who's the dummy?" It's very appropriate given the film's premise, but it comes off as Narmy when Mary Shaw/Ella uses it as a Pre-Mortem One-Liner.
- Shocking Swerve: It would have been nice to state that also human dolls are to be considered, or that they exist at all.
- The Woobie: Jamie and Marion.