Tropers Online: 4,761
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: Cole Porter
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: "I Get a Kick Out of You" originally contained a reference to Anne Morrow Lindbergh, wife of Charles. Porter changed the lyrics himself to remove the reference after her infant son was kidnapped and murdered.
- Painful Rhyme: All the rhymes can't be good, you've got to expect that sometimes.
- Seinfeld Is Unfunny: it is hard for modern audiences to realize just how daring Porter was in his time.
- Signature Song: "Night and Day", "Begin the Beguine", "I Get a Kick Out of You", and "I've Got You Under My Skin", among others.
- So Bad, It's Good: Cole Porter's failed attempt to do rock 'n' roll in his 1957 song "The Ritz Roll and Rock".