YMMV: Cole Porter
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: "I Get a Kick Out of You" originally contained a reference to Anne Morrow Lindbergh, wife of Charles. Porter changed the lyrics himself to remove the reference after her infant son was kidnapped and murdered.
- Painful Rhyme: All the rhymes can't be good, you've got to expect that sometimes.
- Seinfeld Is Unfunny: it is hard for modern audiences to realize just how daring Porter was in his time.
- Signature Song: "Night and Day", "Begin the Beguine", "I Get a Kick Out of You", and "I've Got You Under My Skin", among others.
- So Bad, It's Good: Cole Porter's failed attempt to do rock 'n' roll in his 1957 song "The Ritz Roll and Rock".