YMMV: Code Geass: Lelouch of Britannia
- Complete Monster: Lieutenant Kirkham, who merrily massacres Japanese civilians during the invasion and plans to sell their children as slaves and/or organ donors.
- Magnificent Bastard: Lelouch, naturally, is working to become one. Granted, he's not up to the original timeline's standards just yet, but he has his credentials from the North African campaign to expand upon.
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap: Kewell.
- Rooting for the Empire: Since Lelouch is on their side, Britannia naturally comes across as the 'hero' faction in the war with the EU. The author deliberately tries to remind readers that Britannia is supposed to be the bad guy.
- Grey and Gray Morality: He's also reminding us that even if they're generally the bad guys, it shouldn't be as clear cut where people are concerned.
- Shipping: Has broken out among reviewers, aided by the major changes to character relationships, with comments having been made supporting canon pairings (Lelouch/Kallen), semi-canon ones (Lelouch/Milly) and non-canon ones (Lelouch/Nina, Lelouch/Villetta), as well as the ever-popular Lelouch/harem.
- Tear Jerker