- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Would you believe a movie like this would have a fashion montage, of all things, let alone one involving a robot which may or may not be alive? Sly just clearly likes robots.
- Complete Monster: The Night Slasher is a psychotic murderer responsible for terrorizing the streets of Los Angeles at night. He starts a nihilistic murder cult of psychopaths so he can indiscriminately kill dozens of victims of whatever background, including children. He prefers to carve up his victims and perform the kills himself to satiate his sadistic nature. He pursues a woman for witnessing one of his murders, and orders his army to lay siege to an upstate town for the sole purpose of killing her. He sees himself as killing off the weak and his movement as heralding the start of a new order where violent killers such as himself rule through terror.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: Due process is for pussies!
- Idiot Ball: The store thug. Big time. When a cop has just proved he's incredibly quick and doesn't fuck around by chucking a knife into you whilst you are armed with guns, you drop the guns when he tells you to, you don't slowly raise the shotgun to his level with one arm whilst he has a pistol on you.
- Narm Charm: Even 80s action movies didn't usually go as over-the-top as this one.
- So Bad, It's Good: Yeah...