- Narm: Near the end of the movie, when the old couple who rescued Richard chat for about a minute before abruptly exploding as their house is sabotaged. It's so unexpected your first response is to laugh.
- The glaringly obvious use of Stock Footage doesn't help.
- Recycled Premise: See The Island
- So Bad, It's Good: One of those films that keeps you amused even without three silhouettes in the corner.
- The Scrappy: Original-Richard's whiny (adult) son. Fortunately, he gets his ass kicked and then drowned.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: The story has real promise and a better script and direction could have made it a very good movie. Michael Bay does not count for any of this.
- Robert Fiveson said he thought The Island was a decent film, and felt Michael Bay didn't deserve all the flack for plagiarism, that the fault really lies on the screenwriter and producers.