- Acceptable Inevitable Targets: Old Puffer Pete, a vintage steam engine whose only outstanding qualities are his tendency to ramble about the past ad nauseum and forget other trains' names.
- Did Not Do the Bloody Research: An infinitely hilarious and ironic example, seeing as both the show and the offending term both come from the UK. In the show, the anthropomorphic trains are referred to as "chuggers". "chugger" also happens to be a real-life derogatory term used to refer to invasive and aggressive street fundraisers. Yikes.
- Ear Worm: The bloody intro.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Like Thomas, it's very popular in Japan due to it having mostly revolved around trains and railways.
- Seasonal Rot: Season 4 has been notably poor compared to other seasons. Due to Season 3 not being that well received (to the point where they stopped production at 14 episodes and had the budget lowered), the whole show went through a revamp to try and get more appeal for the crowd again. While the updates to the animation, the cast and the trainees moving to advanced training were well recieved, the season was mostly Strictly Formula (trainee has difficulty learning something new, and another trainee has a usually useless subplot) and overly Merchandise-Driven, lacking the balance of toyetic elements and story the other seasons had.