YMMV: Children of Bodom
- Base Breaker: The post-Hate Crew Deathroll albums have various receptions from the fanbase.
- Everyone seems to agree that Halo of Blood is excellent, though.
- Face of the Band: Alexi Laiho.
- Ho Yay: The bandmembers of Children Of Bodom are very affectionate with each other, especially Alexi Laiho and Janne Wirman, who go on record as saying their constant snuggling and kissing on stage during solos is because they "get so intense by the medium of heavy metal..." It is not clear why they also often make out offstage. Alexi claims it's a "musical/personal relationship kind of deal."
- Magnum Opus: Hate Crew Deathroll. Halo of Blood is a close second.
- Periphery Demographic: They're very popular amongst the so-called "mallcore" crowd, though their music is very different from a lot of other bands popular with this crowd.