YMMV: Children of Bodom
- Base Breaker: The post-Hate Crew Deathroll albums have various receptions from the fanbase due to increased groove metal influence.
- Many seem to agree that Halo of Blood is a good return to form, though.
- Face of the Band: Alexi Laiho.
- Ho Yay: The bandmembers are very affectionate with each other, especially Alexi Laiho and Janne Wirman, who go on record as saying their constant snuggling and kissing on stage during solos is because they "get so intense by the medium of heavy metal..." It is not clear why they also often make out offstage. Alexi claims it's a "musical/personal relationship kind of deal."
- Magnum Opus: Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper.
- So Bad, It's Good / Refuge in Audacity: Their cover of "Oops I Did It Again". Have a listen.
- Periphery Demographic: They're very popular amongst the so-called "mallcore" crowd, though their music is very different from a lot of other bands popular with this crowd.