YMMV: Broadcast News
- Award Snub: In a way. Though the film was nominated for several Oscars, including Best Picture of the Year, it ended up winning none, largely due to being overshadowed by The Last Emperor and Moonstruck. Albert Brooks' supporting performance and James L. Brooks' screenplay were probably the closest the film came to winning anything.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Bill Conte's score.
- Informed Attractiveness: Tom's incredibly great looks compared to Aaron's frumpiness is a major aspect of the movie, but William Hurt, though a reasonably good-looking guy, really isn't (and wasn't then) the Adonis he's portrayed as.
- Retroactive Recognition: Marc Shaiman, noted composer, gets a bit part (during the "Big Finish!" scene), just before he became a well-known musician.
- Christian Clemenson has a very minor role as Bobby, a member of the news station. He would go on to become a main character on David E. Kelley's legal drama, Boston Legal (winning an Emmy in the process).