YMMV: Boogie Nights
- Award Snub: The film went relatively unnoticed outside of commendations for Burt Reynolds (ironic, given how much Burt disliked working on the film), Julianne Moore, and the Screenplay. Many now cite Moore's loss for Best Supporting Actress as an unfortunate Academy decision.
- Awesome Music: Several, but Rahad Jackson getting high to "Sister Christian" and "Jesse's Girl" is by far the best.
- Best Known for the Fanservice: Even amongst the copious nudity in the movie, Heather Graham's nude scene and Mark Walhberg's fake wang stand out. Both induced a lot of sucking noises in theatres.
- Ear Worm: "You Got the Touch". Unfortunately.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Reed Rothchild, who's basically Dr. Steve Brule if he worked in the porn industry.
- Hey, It's That Song!: Dirk Diggler, getting his singing career going, sings "The Touch". Yes, THAT "The Touch".
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Jerkass Woobie: All the main characters spend a little time being this, but Little Bill is probably the prime example. It helps that he's played by William H. Macy.
- Eventually, Little Bill becomes Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds.
- For that matter, the dude who got badly beaten up and killed by Rollergirl.
- One-Scene Wonder: Alfred Molina as Rahad Jackson, though Anderson said he intended for the part to be larger.
- Painful Rhyme: Reed's poetry. Also counts as Stylistic Suck.
"I love you, you love me. Going down the sugar tree. We'll go down the sugar tree, and see lots of bees: playing, playing. But the bees won't sting, because you love me."
- Values Dissonance: This being the 1970s Los Angeles porn scene, attitudes towards sex and gender are in several ways quite different to the modern standard.
- The Woobie: Scotty J