- Acceptable Religious Targets: Homophobic fundamentalists.
- Accidental Innuendo: "Everyone knows, 'grabbing a cup of coffee' is gay code for giving him a rimjob..." 
- Anvilicious: The Political Roulette strip.
- Crosses the Line Twice: Crossed once by a bitter ex-boyfriend who wants to get back at his girlfriend (who broke up with him because he "gave lousy oral") by getting multiple guys to masturbate into condoms and then dumping the sperm on her car. Crossed again by Rick when he suggests that the bitter ex give oral sex to the guys in the process to prove he can give good oral. And it works. One of many cases of Refuge in Audacity.
- Crowning Moment Of Heartwarming: "He told you to fuck off? No one tells you to fuck off but me. We're totally asking his boyfriend out for a fucking ménage á coffee." "I love you."
- Evil Is Sexy: Drew would gladly have sex with a neo-Nazi if he looked like Edward Norton in American History X. 
Rick: He'd probably curb-stomp you when he blew his load...Drew: Did you see him in that movie? I might still consider it.
- Ho Yay: Exaggerated in this strip, where Drew writes a very erotic Penny Arcade fan fic.
- No Yay: Inverted when Rick tries to see the 2010 Robin Hood movie as homoerotic, but the friar looks too ridiculous for him to do so. 
Rick: What's the point in seeing a movie if you can't create sex scenes in your mind without giggling?
- Squick: Anything in this comic that isn't Fetish Fuel for you will probably evoke a squick reaction.