- Cliché Storm: In the best way possible.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Right as your party confronts Emperor Zhe and High General Vai in Xanadu, the last of the Guardians pops up and accuses Vai of betraying the Guardians by trying to revive the Forbidden. Vai completely loses it, runs through the Guardian, shouting about how the Guardians destroyed his village and killed everyone he knew, and he did NOT owe them even a smidge of loyalty. Vai then paralyzes the Emperor, declares that he's been disloyal all along and has always hated the Emperor and Sammarkand. He then grabs the Armaments, intending to use the Forbidden's powers to recreate the world into an Utopia.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: There are several, most centered on Aurora. One incident comes to mind where Kairu and co. have to get uniforms in order to sneak into the Imperial Airship. There are three soldiers in the tavern, and Aurora offers to deal with the three. She takes them out back, and we overhear Aurora:
Aurora: Let me show you how I handle three men at once!Kairu: *look of utter shock*
- Demonic Spiders: Lots of enemies fit this, the first ones showing up in the third dungeon. Throw in the game's sky-high Random Encounters rate and you have Goddamned Spiders.
- Game Breaker: During the game, you can find three Catalogues that can be used to purchase items at a secret store. Each time, you'll be prompted to select one of the three catalogues, each of which has a different selection of items. Due to a bug, you can buy an item from the cheapest catalogue, then select a different catalogue and sell it back to the same store for several times the money. This can be abused as much as you want, giving you an infinite source of income. Oh, and this store also sells stat-boosting potions. A few minutes of buying and selling can turn your party into walking gods.
- That One Boss: The Statues. You fight four of them at same time and each one has a weakness and a function from damaging to healing. If you don't take out the one that heals note this fight can last long enough so you run out of SP. Additionally some of them go out dishing a very strong magic, if it doesn't kill the remaining ones will finish the job.