YMMV: Big Mommas House
- Ear Worm: Trent's song "Lyrical Miracle" in the 3rd film.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Ritha, played by Tichina Arnold is giving birth and Big Momma has to deliver the baby. When she Big Momma tells her to close her legs, she snaps, "THEY DON'T CLOSE." To which Big Momma responds, "That might be how you got this way in the first place." Martin and Tichina's character Pam traded barbs constantly on Martin, so seeing them do the same in a movie, a few years after the show ended is pretty funny.
- Informed Wrongness: Trent is portrayed as immature for wanting to pursue his rap career rather than attend Duke University. Never mind that Trent had a recording contract IN HAND and he could always go to college if the music career didn't work out.
- Retroactive Recognition: Chloe Grace Moritz in the second film.
- Sequelitis: First film wasn't anything special but it was still considered pretty funny. 2nd film was accused too much of being a Mrs. Doubtfire clone and barely able to hold water. The less said about the third film, the better.
- Squick: The meal Malcolm attempts to fix Trent and Sherry. You'd think he'd at least be capable of not mixing butter and vegetable oil together.
- Why Would Anyone Take Him Back?: Seriously, Malcolm pretended to be his love interest's mother just to get close to her. He even shared a borderline incestual kiss with her when he realized Sherry had no part in her ex-boyfriend's crimes. He got an erection while in bed with her, continuously catcalled her on the sly upon seeing her body and attempted to befriend her son, all in an effort to get close to her and solve the case. Yet at the end of the movie, Sherry forgives him and as the rest of the movies indicate, they even get married!
- Woobie: Sherry. She had to flee her home due to her psychopath ex-boyfriend. She's a single mother. She works two horrible jobs to lay low because of said ex-boyfriend. Upon returning to the home where her estranged mother lives, the place where she's always felt safe, it is eventually revealed that it wasn't even her mom. No, it was a guy in a fat suit pretending to be her mom so he could potentially bust her. The man who was trying to bust her, she eventually ends up dating. Not only that, but her "mom" kissed her on the lips, got an erection while in bed with her and made many inappropriate noises and comments about how attractive she was. Although her ex was finally put in jail, Sherry and Trent would be good candidates for therapy after such a harrowing experience!