YMMV: Beasts Of The Southern Wild
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Wink, Abusive Father or firm believer in tough love and Hands-Off Parenting? Similarly are he and the other residents of The Bathtub complete idiots for refusing to leave their dying little hamlet? Or are they all folk heroes whose stubborn refusal to leave what is probably the only home any of them have ever known, even if it means dying there, courageous and inspiring? Or is it a little bit of both?
- Award Snub: Dwight Henry missing out on a Best Supporting Actor nomination, as well as the film's much-lauded score. Even stranger given the film's relatively surprising nominations for Best Picture and Best Director.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Holy damn, yes.
- Tear Jerker: Most of what happens in the second half of the movie.
- What an Idiot: Everyone in the Bathtub, for putting their trust in Hushpuppy's father and refusing to trust the people on land (who were only trying to help them and had a good reason to get them out). Obviously, all this gets them absolutely nowhere.