- Awesome Music: Marvin Hamlisch, especially the song "Queiro La Noche".
- Harsher in Hindsight: Fielding's joke about studying perversion and being up to "advanced child molestation" is this considering Dylan Farrow's accusations of sexual abuse against Allen.
- Borders between Harsh and Hilarious, but the use of Wide World of Sports to cover a live assassination and political crisis as entertainment predates the advent of Reality Television and wall-to-wall cable news coverage.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: J Edgar Hoover shows up at Mellish's trial disguised as a large black woman.
- Retroactive Recognition: Sylvester Stallone, then fresh out of his brief foray in adult films, is one of the thugs on the subway. Of course, everyone who sees the film now instantly recognizes him.