YMMV: Ayumi Hamasaki
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Some might consider "Eyes, Smoke, Magic" from her album "Party Queen" to be this. In fact, the duo of "the next LOVE" and Eyes, Smoke, Magic is quite the BLAM not only for the album, but for her career.
- Broken Base: Do you like the first half of her career, or the latter half? Is the first half too weird or is it original, and are the later works too commercial or just more palatable?
- Then there are the fans who like her more recent Hotter and Sexier image, and those who hate it.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Watch her forget her own lyrics. Itís precious.
- Nightmare Fuel: The music videos, and in most cases the songs themselves: "ourselves", "Marionette", "alterna", "WHATEVER".
- Paranoia Fuel: Don't watch the "ourselves" music video before going to bed.
- Signature Song: Traditional examples include "evolution", "SURREAL", "Dearest", "M", etc.
- Tear Jerker: Too many songs and videos to count, but special mention goes to "teddy bear", though, since its lyrics, composition, performance, and actual real life basis are all tearjerkers. Itís about how her father abandoned her and her mother when she was young, only leaving her a teddy bear.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Fans will never agree on whatís good and bad in the Ayu-verse. Many say the old material up to the I amÖ era (the height of her popularity) was the best it has ever been, and many argue that her more modern sounds are superior.