- Broken Base: Did the band peak with The Red in the Sky is Ours and devolve into a sound that served as a bastardization of everything that extreme metal stands for, or did the band consistently improve until they released the fullest distillation of their sound with Slaughter of the Soul? Ask a fan and the answer will be given to you vehemently and passionately.
- Face of the Band - Tomas Lindberg.
- Fandom Rivalry - With Dark Tranquillity and, to a lesser degree, In Flames, depending on who you ask.
- It's Popular, Now It Sucks - The reaction from longtime fans to Slaughter of the Soul.
- Seinfeld Is Unfunny - So many damn bands have copied Slaughter of the Soul it can be hard for first-time listeners to figure out what was so special about it.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks - As with the popularity reaction above, many fans really hated Slaughter of the Soul; they're generally easier on Terminal Spirit Disease, despite the fact that it was with TSD that At the Gates turned to melodeath.