is an obvious knockoff of Happy Feet
...up to a point.
Other than the fact that it's about a penguin learning to dance, the plot is completely different from Happy Feet
, as it mostly deals with evil sea lions.
The animation is done by Renegade Animations; you might be familiar with their work on The Mr. Men Show
and Chop Kick Panda
the film, and states that it's actually a lot better than he expected to be.
- Covers Always Lie: Like with Back to the Sea, the cover depicts the film as CGI. Where in reality, it's done in flash.
- The Eeyore: Pingo's dad, Ozzie. Even to the point he didn't cheer his wife after Pingo was kidnapped.
Gerty: Do you think maybe there's some way, somehow it survived?
Ozzie: No, Gerty. No, I don't.
Bobsheaux: Wow, way to keep her spirits up, you douche-noodle.
- Flash Animation
- Mock Buster
- More Than Meets the Eye: As stated before, the plot is different compared to Happy Feet.
- Lampshading: Does this several times.
- Those Two Guys: Buddy and Lou.