Western Animation: Pop Pixie
Pop Pixie, which premiered in 2010 (2011 in Italy), is a Spin-Off of Winx Club. It's set in an Alternate Universe where pixies, gnomes, elves, and talking animals go about their daily lives in Pixieville. In the city's center is the Tree of Life, which grows "Magic Pops." When a pixie uses his or her powers for goodness, he or she may be given a Pop and become a "Pop Pixie."Introduced in season two of Winx Club, the pixies were a hit with younger fans and received their own toy lines and magazine. Pop Pixie was first announced in 2009 and consists of fifty-two, 13-minute-long episodes.Don't confuse it with Pixie Pop.
This series provides examples of:
- Alternate Universe: With the Gender Flips, the Tree of Life playing a different role in the story, and the pixies having transformations (which they didn't have in the series), it's probably not set in the same world.
- Animorphism: Amore accidentally turns herself into a fish in one episode.
- The Barber: Pam is the hairdresser in Pixieville.
- Bed Sheet Ghost: Camilla does this to Damien in episode 17.
- Drives Like Crazy: Lockette weaves in and out of traffic and is not afraid to modify her car on the go to bypass traffic.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Fixit has built many gadgets, such as robot helpers.
- Gender Flip: Livy, Digit, Zing, and Jolly are boys.
- Grows on Trees: The Magic Pops.
- Invisibility: Camilla's special ability.
- Love Potion: Amore makes these in her shop.
- Magical Girl: Pixies need to transform into Pop Pixies in order to unlock their full powers, though both boys can also transform like this.
- One-Gender Race: Averted. In Winx Club, pixies were all female, but there are male pixies in this series.
- Plot Tailored to the Party: Well, the pixies can gain their magic pops for using their talents for goodness, so naturally there are several episodes like this.
- Power Of The Storm: Cherie is the Pixie of Weather. She tends to change the weather based on her current mood, from sunny to stormy and back again.
- Runs with Scissors: Pam runs and flies all over the place with her trusty scissors, ready to cut up stuff whenever she needs to.
- Spin-Off: Of Winx Club. Due the gender flips and absence of the Winx, it seems to be in a different universe entirely.
- Super Strength: Caramel's power.
- Teleport Spam: Lockette can do this when in Pop Pixie form.
- Transformation Trinket: The Magic Pops.
- Uncle Pennybags: Cherie is very wealthy and quite a bit vain, but she's a nice person to be with in general, as long as you can deal with her frequent mood swings.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Morpho can turn himself into anything he wants, like a fish, a lamp, or other people. He can also do this to other people as well, though he's a bit more limited in that aspect.
- World Tree: The Tree of Life, the source of magic.