Cave Kids contains examples of the following tropes:
- Imagine Spot: It can be argued that an entire episode of the show is one long imagine spot.
- Invisible Parents: Fred, Barney, Wilma and Betty are never seen in the episodes. Only the babies. You'd think the main adult cast of The Flintstones are horrible parents for leaving both Bamm-Bamm and Pebbles in the bathtub or backyard on their own with only Dino.
- Literal-Minded: The babies seems to think that China is populated by porcelain plates and bowls.
- The Power of Friendship: Taken Up to Eleven in that it's the center of every aesop.
- Sewer Gator: The babies encounter an alligator in one adventure where they go retrieve their rubber duck when it accidentally gets flushed down the drain.
- Short Runner: Only eight episodes. Yeah, technically, it was royally screwed by Cartoon Network, who probably didn't like how saccharine the show was.
- Spinoff Babies: The show spun off from The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show and, by extension, The Flintstones.
- That Reminds Me of a Song: At the end of every episode, and it's usually combined with a heaping dose of Disney Acid Sequence for good measure.
- Whole Plot Reference: One episode takes the plot of Jack and the Beanstalk.