Cave Kids is an animated Spinoff Babies series featuring Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm, in baby form. It first aired in 1996, and only eight episodes were made. Of these eight, only six were released onto home video.
Cave Kids contains examples of the following tropes:
- Imagine Spot: It can be argued that an entire episode of the show is one long imagine spot.
- Invisible Parents: Fred, Barney, Wilma and Betty are never seen in the episodes. Only the babies. You'd think the main adult cast of The Flintstones are horrible parents for leaving both Bamm-Bamm and Pebbles in the bathtub or backyard on their own with only Dino.
- Literal-Minded: The babies seems to think that China is populated by porcelain plates and bowls.
- The Power of Friendship: Taken Up to Eleven in that it's the center of every aesop.
- Sewer Gator: The babies encounter an alligator in one adventure where they go retrieve their rubber duck when it accidentally gets flushed down the drain.
- Short Runner: Only eight episodes. Yeah, technically, it was royally screwed by Cartoon Network, who probably didn't like how saccharine the show was.
- Spinoff Babies: The show spun off from The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show and, by extension, The Flintstones.
- Suddenly Voiced: Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm speak coherent English in the fantasy sequences.
- That Reminds Me of a Song: At the end of every episode, and it's usually combined with a heaping dose of Disney Acid Sequence for good measure.
- Whole Plot Reference: One episode takes the plot of Jack and the Beanstalk.