Western Animation: Baby Bottleneck
A 1945 Warner Bothers cartoon directed by Bob Clampett
and written by Warren Foster. The cartoon features Daffy Duck and Porky Pig placed in charge of delivering babies when the overworked storks can't keep up with the demands of the baby boom. Things tend to go as they usually do
Baby Bottleneck provide examples of the following tropes:
- Apple of Discord: The egg.
- Bungling Inventor: The dog that tries to pitch his detonating rocket transport to Porky.
- The Cameo: Tweety Bird is seen on the belt.
- Deranged Animation: The entire short is crazy with it's animation, but the conveyor belt sequence especially stands out.
- Delivery Stork: In this case the storks get overworked and can't make any deliveries.
- No OSHA Compliance: The conveyor belt doesn't look really safe for babies, and it will diaper just about anyone in it.
- Off Model: The cartoon actually has a significant level of errors or oddities compared to standard Looney Tunes shorts, clothing disappears and reappears, elements are colored improperly, in cases such as the above shot, they don't even bother to draw a background. It tends to be treated more leniently by animation buffs since the animation itself is exceptionally fluid and entertaining.
- Packed Hero: Daffy and Porky get stuffed in a single diaper, Daffy being the upper part, and Porky as the lower part.