is a website maintained by Joseph "DOUG the Eagle" Morris, most famous for hosting "anti-walkthroughs
" that detail ways to complete popular games while using every single Good Bad Bug
in the book, and Sequence Breaking
the poor game to death. Accompanying these documents are collections of bizarre, wonderful and memorable tricks to try in the games.
The games tortured on the site include:
In addition, the site features some Doom mods
, Joseph's old game programming projects and his music.
Spoilers abound around the site, obviously, so beware what you read.
Among all the anti-walkthroughs and the nasty tricks one can spot the following:
- Alt Text: Shows up on some of the pictures for additional funny commentary.
- Artifact Title: Morris hasn't been making any software for a long time now and the site, once meant to showcase his "company"'s works, is now primarily for the anti-walkthrough pages.
- Diary: The Arx Fatalis walkthrough includes "Am-Shaegar's Diary", about his attempts to figure out the Good Bad Bugs that permeate his universe.
- Don't Try This at Home: At the beginning of the System Shock page.
- Epigraph: A couple of times.
- Epileptic Trees: Pondering just what the protagonist of System Shock is.
- Furry Fandom: Joseph Morris himself, apparently, which shows up a bit throughout.
- Fusion Dance: The Deus Ex walkthrough suggests that Jock and his Black Helicopter merge into one being at one point (in the game, you meet Jock once in a bar, and that's the last time you ever see him; from then on, he always speaks from inside his helicopter, his lines tend to be labelled just "Black Helicopter" or "Jock's Helicopter" more than half the time, and in the credits "Jock" and "Black Helicopter" are listed as separate entities.)
- Good Bad Bugs: Several of these are described.
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath: Pretty much every protagonist becomes this.
- Sequence Breaking / Script Breaking: That's the point.
- Sociopathic Soldier: The Deus Ex walkthrough makes JC Denton into an explosive-obsessed, suicidal, murderous maniac with a "full-blown psychosis".
- Shout-Out: Plenty of these, from famous movies to obscure songs.
- Something Person: Cat-Dude.
- Terse Talker: "Am-Shaegar's Diary".