Webcomic: The Monster And The Girl
The Monster & The Girl
"Habits of millennia are most reluctant to be broken."TM&TG is an ongoing weekly webcomic hosted on Comic Dish that updates on Mondays (Japan Time). The webcomic is described as an experimental OEL manga by the author-creator who lives in Japan. A Japanese version is promised at an undefined future date. Each chapter tells of one of the adventures of an immortal 'techno-magical' (Magic from Technology) Cyborg and a mysterious woman that he's vowed to protect, in every life time that he finds her. The stories are set in the same fictional universe, but aren't in chronological order. TM&TG was originally planned as a series of novels. Artwork is Deliberately Monochrome, with an intentionally limited palette of 4 shades of gray plus black and white, except for rare panels of higher detail and finer shading.
The Monster & The Girl provides Examples of:
- Antiquated Linguistics: Kenrick's usage of antique grammar and vocabulary.
- Art Evolution: The artistic style is rapidly changing, with improvement often noticeable on the same page from the first panel to the last.
- Bigger is Better: The first adventure starts with a huge starship exploding as bright as a sun, and a rainforest that seems to be mostly giant trees.
- Cultured Warrior: Kenrick uses antique vocabulary that gives this impression
- Cyborg: Kenrick is described as a cyborg possibly created by an alien God or Sufficiently Advanced Aliens.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: The webcomic is about a cyborg monster and a girl.
- Gag Boobs: Mayu's chest endowmens are impressive threats to physical stability
- Guttural Growler: Kenrick's speech bubbles are frayed, the font bold, presumably this is the reason.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Kenrick is a big scary cyborg, Mayu is smaller than most adolescents.
- Mondegreen: Mayu's manner of speaking is near incomprehensible, and this is mixed with Malaproper when she's 'almost' saying the proper word.
- MsFanservice: Mayu
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Kenrick usually favours speaking in this manner.
- Shoutbox: There is a shoutbox shared across all pages of the webcomic.
- The Empire: the Bright and Glorious Empire of One Hundred Galaxies.