"Thanks to the miracles of tachyons, chronitons, and other really small things that end with "on", the following data logs were sent back in time to the present. Amazingly enough, they worked on our computers without being converted whatsoever! As a result, we are providing them to you so you may learn what the future holds for mankind. - National Narration Board.Star Something is a collaborative webcomic by Ian Jones-Quartey and Mark Shallow. It is set in space, as you may have guessed from the name, and follows the adventures of the starship The Reckless Abandon and it's crew:
- Dash Breackneck, Captain and Idiot Hero extraordinaire;
- Gorthox, a humanoid alien with interesting eating habits;
- Tom, the apparent future Savior of the Universe;
- Ophelia a Princess who stowed away on The Reckless Abandon when it was boarded by her space pirate captors;
- and AN-52, the ship's artificial intelligence.
Tropes displayed in this Webcomic:
- The Captain: Dash Breakneck
- Chosen One: Tom.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Dash Breakneck. Can't you tell?
- Deadpan Snarker: Gorthox.
- Epic Fail: Dash Breakneck crashing into a five mile long spaceship, covered with neon lights, entirely by accident.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Space Burritos. Like Burritos, but from space.
- Fallen Princess: Ophelia.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Gorthox again, though it's an Informed Attribute.
- Well, Excuse Me, Princess!: Ophelia again.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Ophelia's species on cast page is given as "Human with Purple Hair for Some Reason".