Webcomic / Search For The Truth
Search for the Truth
is a Doctor Who
fan webcomic whose plot supposedly centers on David trying to find out the truth about the mysterious British man whom his friend Claire has been seeing recently. It more often follows the adventures of other characters, including Claire, the Doctor's new companion; Lydia, who works for Torchwood; Allie, who really, really wants to work for Torchwood, and Lars, Allie's pet Dalek.
Among the fans of the series are (according to a mysterious source who's friends with the creator) David Tennant
and Karen Gillan
The comic is currently killing off the 10th Doctor to make room for the 11th.
This series provides examples of
- Alien Breakfast: Subverted. Claire serves Martha scrambled eggs, but says they're really the waste product of an alien bird. Then the Doctor tells Martha that Claire's just screwing around with her.
- Blatant Lies: Allie says that Lars is a cat to put off Josh's suspicions. Lars even meows to try and keep up the ruse.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Allie. She steals a Dalek casing to try and break into Torchwood, turns the Dalek into a pet (named Lars) and becomes a member of UNIT simply by being incredibly weird.
- Failed a Spot Check: David. All the time.
- Failure Is the Only Option: For David. He can never find out the truth, and none of his friends, who are all in on it except Josh, will ever tell him what's going on. He even manages to accidentally turn his guitar into a device that 'forces the TARDIS to land near it' and never catches a glimpse of the mysterious British man.
- Funny Background Event: In the 22nd comic, the Doctor, Claire, Jack, Lydia and Allie are dealing with an escaped pterodactyl while David and Josh sit in a cafe across the street.
- Hurl It into the Sun: Claire makes the Doctor toss David's Claire-detecting guitar into the Sun. The Doctor briefly mourns the loss of such an amazing piece of advanced (if accidental) technology.
- It Runs on Nonsensoleum: It is a Doctor Who fan comic.
- New First Comics: A lot of the early comics have been receiving art updates recently.
- Non Sequitur, *Thud*: Happens to the Master after being hit in the face with Lars' jar.
- Shout-Out: The TARDIS shower (or at least one of them) comes equipped with Aquaman curtains.
- Take That!: The creator really hates Russell T. Davies.
- Handy Doctor escapes from Pete's World because he was tired of a normal human life with Rose.
- After being captured by the Rani, the Doctor asks the Master if being resurrected gave him "shooty laser powers". The Master just stares at the Doctor blankly and calls him an idiot.
- Write Who You Know: Basically all the original characters are based on friends of the creator, many of whom she never talks to anymore.
- Your Head Asplode: Happens to Claire (in the middle of hating math homework) when the Doctor tries to explain the concept of happy numbers to her.