Who'd have thought that one roommate
could cause this much rage?
is a webcomic by John Kleckner. hejibits started when John posted some of his drawn works of which he posted on deviantART which were the first of the roommate comics. They were received well, and various friends of his inspired him to make the webcomic of which has now been running for a full two years.
The current content of the comic ranges from being a typical gaming comic to reflecting on the many real life instances of which John has to put up with on a daily basis (most notably revolving around his roommate in the earlier comics). The format of the comics itself is a mixture of that of Awkward Zombie
's comics with the content and hiimdaisy's Persona 4 comics with the facial expressions of which are used within the comics...except far more exaggerated.
page can be found here
Tropes that apply to Hejibits:
- Alt Text: On every comic.
- Art Evolution: Compare the earlier comics made in mid-2010 to the ones which he has made recently.
- Berserk Button: Everything his roommates end up doing. It's more noticable with "Greg" in the first few strips of the comic, but that's because when "Alan" rolls around, John has managed to develop a tolerance level for inexcusable behaviors.
- Pet the Dog: On his FAQ, however, he stated that "Greg" was a "really nice guy, but has a less-than-favorable sense of humor/social interaction." Subverted with "Alan", who he genuinely hates.
- Big Eater: During the Summer in this comic. During the school year however...
- Deadpan Snarker: John's alt-text.
- Driven to Suicide: John in this comic. Lampshaded in the Alt Text.
- 8.8: Or rather, 9.5. Mocked, as usual.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: The PUN-chline for many comics.
- Kleptomaniac Hero: Shown in this comic.
- Love You and Everybody: The protagonist of Dragon Quest V can only express his affections through a yes/no dialogue box.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: When it's not about puns, it's about Kleckner's every day life or things pertaining to the video games he is currently playing.
- Rummage Sale Reject: Apparently, Square Enix uses a blender for character design.
- Take That: To people that quote and reference memes way too much.
- John has a fascination with making fun of executive decisions that video game corporations make.
- World of Pun: When it's not a comic about Video Games, it's almost always a comic about a terrible pun of some sort.