The main cast (or at least a few of them)
This isn't the same nursery rhymes and fairy tales we were told as kids. Nope. Ever After
, a webcomic by S. Healey or "Endling
", takes a look at what happens to the characters that have to be placed inside the Everafter Maximum Security Asylum and Home for the Fantastically Traumatized
so they can get better and keep the endings happily ever after and inhabitants tinkly winkly.
The story mainly focuses on Little Red Riding Hood
, who isn't satisfied with the asylum's hospitality and gets Mind Rape
from The Big Bad Wolf
. She also wields a gigantic saw
and said mind rapes make her go a little Ax-Crazy
. Other characters include Horror Struck Mind Raped
Goldilocks (but instead of wolves, it's bears
), Hansel and Gretel
, Little Miss Muffet and... a Giant Spider
and more.Ever After
is on a Series Hiatus
until Endling finishes with other, more important affairs. Until then, you can see what's been posted here
Not to be confused with the film
starring Drew Barrymore and Dougray Scott.
Provides examples of
- Ax-Crazy— Little Red
- BFS — Jack's sword is easily as tall as he is.
- Big Bad— There's the Wolf, Humpty Dumpty, and although unconfirmed, probably Dr. Crooked.
- And judging by some of the art, Jack is too.
- Crossover: With fellow Snafu-Comics series, Sugar Bits
- Also with Grim Tales from Down Below, by the same author as Sugar Bits, and the site's own Snafu.
- It was also the subject of a tournament called Endzone, where people's Original Characters would travel to the asylum to fight, culminating in a finale against Red.
- Eldritch Abomination — The Wolf.
- Grimmification— Insane Little Red, Pyromaniac Hansel, Cannibal Gretel, probability that Goldilocks has multiple personalities, oh, and don't forget Red's massacre.
- He Who Fights Monsters — Jack has apparently fought more than one giant in his lifetime, though how true this may be is up for debate.
- Little Red Fighting Hood — Insane Little Red, armed with the second pig's saw.
- Magic Skirt— Not in the comic itself, but in Bleedman's Sugar Bits, the usual fanservice is avoided.
- Meaningful Name — Dr. Crooked, who is, well, crooked. From his clothes to his teeth to his medical practice.
- The Ophelia— Goldilocks may or may not be one of these.
- Schedule Slip— Even before the hiatus the comic updated pretty irregularly.
- Stepford Smiler — Possibly, Goldilocks
- Split Personality— Also not confirmed, considering the comic has not been updated in a while (getting closer though), but Goldilocks may have these in the form of the bears.