This comic provides examples of:
- Almighty Janitor
- Anyone Can Die: In all three incarnations, but explicitly spelled out to Jen by the narrator at the beginning of the third.
- Ax-Crazy: Merv, a psychopath who only speaks in four-letter words (and has a fondness for pigs). He's also the Ensemble Darkhorse.
- Clothing Damage: Constantly.
- Comedic Sociopathy: Haley, Bruno, and pretty much the whole cast.
- Contrived Coincidence: There is always someone driving by when you are stranded in the middle of the desert without a ride. It gets even more ridiculous when our characters have just been shot: "I'm a travelling surgeon. I specialize in gunshot wounds."
- Expy: Pretty much the sum of the three comics' relation.
- Memory Gambit: Worm, a guy who has started the zombie apocalypse, is sent back in time to stop himself, because his long-term memory prevents that he remembers anything that happened longer than five minutes before.
- Meta Guy: Jen.
- Parental Incest: Implied in the backstory of Haley's good twin, here
- With a Friend and a Stranger: Bruno and Haley develop into this trio after picking up Elegia.
Cruel Fate (http://cruelfate.keenspot.com/)A 24-hour comic about a man who attempts suicide, which brings him to meet a pretty girl and, well... It gets worse. Rather tragic / deep for a short comic.BloodlarkA would-be fantasy epic, about young girl who gets thrown out of the house by her drunken father who decides that since she has come of age, it is about time that she embarked on a quest. After successfully surviving her first night in a forest full of monsters, she recruits a Boisterous Bruiser and a Ridiculously Cute Critter and gets drawn into a greater plot Surprisingly light-hearted (and not exceptionally violent by normal fantasy standards), but unfinished.
It lampshaded the following fantasy tropes while it ran:
- BFS - The heroine's sword is to difficult for her to even lift...But its magic causes it to come to life whenever her life is threatened. This requires some creativity on the behalf of its wielder.
- Genius Bruiser - Strey's refreshingly intelligent for a fantasy protagonist, and relies on it rather than physical strenght.
- Little Miss Snarker - Our heroine. Also a Little Miss Badass.
- Miles Gloriosus - Our lancer, once he tries to Badass Boast Strey. Subverted in that he can, in fact, put up a fight, even if he doesn't pack as much power as out protagonist.
- Only Known by Their Nickname - Strey. She gets her nickname after "stray cat".
- Small, Annoying Creature - Our Team Pet the Dagon, with his Funetik Aksent.