One day, a man named Charlie Everett decides to kill himself. And he does, sometimes; because other times he's stopped by a man named Charlie Everett. It's himself from an Alternate Universe... and they sure have some work to do.The Charlie Everett we follow (later known as Charlie Prime) doesn't die. Instead he's plunged into a world of thousands of different universes, and all the trouble that implies. He meets copies of himself. He fights copies of himself. He kills Hitler. And that's just the start.Written by Neal Bailey and illustrated by Dexter Wee, you can read Cura Te Ipsum– The Continuing Adventures of Charlie Everett here. It updates regularly, and Needs Wiki Magic Love.
This webcomic contains examples of:
- Action Girl: Charlene often shows herself to be more badass than most of the other Charlies.
- All Just a Dream: Squirt has a particularly disturbing one about Charlene dead and buried
- Apocalypse How: In the anchor universe, via nuke. Apocalypse Wow too, considering the (spoilers!) incredibly vivid illustrations
- Atomic Hate: See Apocalypse How, above.
- Badass Bookworm: Nerd rage.
- Big Bad: Dark Everett.
- Creepy Mortician: The Undertaker, an anomalous "old Charlie" that buries all of the dead Charlies in a single, mass graveyard and has a highly suspect pact with the Big Bad.
- Culture Clash: Naked policeman (NSFW) does not want to see you people back in here with clothes on. The entire 'Naked Planet' arc is rife with this, for obvious reasons; the entire society is based around sex. If you wear clothes, people think you're doing a public disservice.
- Detonation Moon: This strip.
- Five-Man Band: (With The Big Guy role usually taken by Leo or Charlene):
- Interdimensional Travel Device: The mysterious stones that every Charlie (bar Squirt) is in possession of, called 'Extra-Dimensional Translocators'.
- The Multiverse
- Odd-Shaped Panel: Used here, and in the same style in various other instances.
- Took a Level in Badass: ''Squirt'', of all people. And now he can do this...