Webcomic / Crystal Sun
is a science fantasy webcomic that first published in early 2014. The story focuses on an alien race known as the Shiira, who scrape by on their barren planet surface; their people are beset by a mysterious visitor that is prophesized as a harbinger of destruction, but seems to have different intentions and ends up delving into the planet's interior accompanied by an ordinary guard who gets swept up into the mess.
Crystal Sun contains examples of:
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: The "villain", the Crystal Sun system, decides that the Shiira are ultimately the issue in their ecosystem and boots them from the planet. It later decides not to forgive them in the allotted time and attempts to remove them permanently.
- Curious Qualms of Conscience: Captain Keroff is reluctant to stop or strike down Jiira despite having every reason to and, y'know, it being the most obvious course of action for him.
- Good Is Not Nice: Keroff's lieutenant is a mild case of this, being unwilling to sympathize with Jiira or Keroff (or anyone for that matter) in the name what seems to be immediately better for the majority (leading to her nearly killing Jiira).
- Nature Lover: Also in reference to the "villain", the Crystal Sun system adores the natural world it tends to.
- Shrouded in Myth: Balior, the other member of the protagonist team, is known mostly through rumor and speculation, with no real facts about him initially available.
- The Team Normal: Jiira, the main protagonist, is the most ordinary of the characters but is dragged into the adventure.