Webcomic: Bird Boy
Bird Boy is a fantasy webcomic, set in a world where a great hero went into a forest and freed the light the villain had trapped, and was trapped himself. Bali, a small boy with a big bird-beak headdress, sets out hunting himself, after his elders have put off teaching him to next year. Led by a bird he stumbles on a forest where it is summer, and from there, to stranger things.Starts here: Cover; Page 1
- Abandoned Area: What Bali finds in the woods
- Art Shift: Between the Backstory, resembling wall or cave paintings, and the main story.
- Bears Are Bad News: One seriously threatens Bali
- Blade on a Stick: Their weapons
- Cool Sword: The one Bali stumbles on
- Creepy Crows: rooks, to be precise
- Dark Is Evil: The Rook-Men.
- Deliberately Monochrome: The Backstory uses a limited palette of earth tones and greens.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Bali, even in snow.
- Dumb Blonde: Bali, arguably.
- Follow the White Rabbit: Bali follows a bird
- Forbidden Fruit
- Heroic Sacrifice: The legend back story
- The Klutz: Guess who.
- Light Is Good: The hero, the sword. . . and Bali is later told that the Rook Men hate the light.
- Liminal Being: The woods are even called liminal.
- Literal Cliff Hanger: The Rook-Men corner Bali on a narrow precipice.
- The Lost Woods: where the weather changes to summer
- Magical Land: It's winter outside. Only could be magic to have it summer inside
- Nice Hat: The tribe's animal headdress/mask combos, of which Bali's bird-beak is arguably the coolest.
- Rite of Passage: Bali is denied the right to one.
- Time Abyss: Looking back to the legend