Bionicle Manga is a Fan Web Comic
based off of the ever so popular BIONICLE
franchise. Created by Troper
/Deviant Artist pickle962
, BM is a Shot for Shot Remake
of the Bionicle storyline in manga style. The series can be viewed here
This series contains examples of:
- Adorkable: Kopaka Mata
- Against the Setting Sun: Kopaka at the end of Chapter Three when he announces that the group should head to Kini-Nui now that they have collected all the masks of power.
- An Axe to Grind: Lewa's weapon of choice
- Art Evolution:Obviously. Early on, the artwork is laughable at best, but like any other series BM's art style has changed alot in the almost three years it has existed.
- Roughly almost halfway through Chapter Two, Tahu starts sporting black jeans.
- The characters proportions look kinda goofy early on, but gradually get better...
- Some of the Toa's weapons changed thanks to this trope. Namely Kopaka and Tahu's sword
- The art itself is starting to look cleaner.
- Gali looks far more feminine than she did in her debut. Compare this◊ to this◊
- Author Appeal: The main reason for BM's existence? pickle962 was a huge fan of bionicle when he was little.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: As Kopaka, Gali, and Onua discover in Chapter Three the rahi wern't always so dangerous. Being under the influence of Makuta's infected masks just amplified their natural instincts.
- Berserk Button: Unless you want Kopaka to angrily yell at you, please do not goof off...◊
- Bling-Bling-BANG!: The Golden Kanohi
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Happens at the start of Chapter One when the narrorater tells Tahu Mata to get a move on and the latter pleads for five more minutes.
- Captain Obvious Tahu calls Pohatu this when the latter exclaims that the former is about to have some "bad company" (the duo were fighting tarakava at the time)
- Chest Insignia: Both Lewa and Pohatu have these on their shirts and they represent the Air and Stone elements respectively.
- Crazy Enough to Work: Lewa's idea of retrieving Pohatu's Mask of Breathing in Chapter Three...
- Early-Bird Cameo: Both Mata Nui and Makuta Teridax show up in the prolouge. They both play important roles later on in the actual Bionicle storyline which BM is based off of.
- Also, don't forget the hallucination Gali has about the Toa Kaita in Chapter Two
- Dreaming of Things to Come: Happens to Gali after getting knocked out cold by a tarakava in chapter two...
- Don't Sneak Up On Me Like That: Kopaka is shocked/surprised when a Nui-Rama sneaks up and nearly ambushs him and Matoro. Thankfully, he quickly freezes it.
- Elemental Powers: Duh!
- Flaming Sword: Tahu's preferred weapon.
- Fingerless Gloves: All the Toa Mata wear these. Except Onua for his gloves are actually BM's version of his Earth Claws...
- Five-Man Band:
- Friend or Foe}: Kopaka asks this at the end of Chapter One when he and Pohatu first encounter the other Toa.
- Hot-Blooded: Tahu Mata
- Idiot Hero: Tahu may be the leader of the Toa Mata, but that certianly doesn't make him the wisest. Case point in being, Page three of Chapter Four
Wait! What if we are ambushed by Rahi upon our return to this place?Tahu:
Oh! I...I...I umm
- The note on that page even lampshades this trope!
- I Work Alone: Kopaka says this to Pohatu at first when the latter tries persuading the former to work together. he later uses this as an excuse to try and ditch the other Toa after thier first battle as a team near the end of chapter two.
- Lethal Lava Land: Ta-Koro
- Mask of Power: Same as the actual Bionicle storyline, The Toa Mata have these except you never see them on their faces...Perhaps they use their Kanohi powers mentally?
- Man on Fire: Parodied in the first page of Chapter One when Tahu's hand catches on fire when he dons his mask. After picking up a sword, It Got Better.
- Personality Powers: Tahu Mata controls fire, and has no problem using it when he's angry. An example of this is when most of the other Toa shoot down his idea to work in groups to find the Great Masks of Power. He storms off to Ta-Koro and starts randomly shooting fire out of his sword as a way to vent his frustration. he almosts burns poor Jaller too...
- Kopaka controls ice and is quite the lone wolf..
- When he's judging the other Toa at the start of Chapter Two, he notes that Lewa is quite entergetic while the latter is doing a handstand and grinning as well. Kopaka then comes to the conclusion that Lewa's limberness might be part of his personality
- Of course, he is the the Toa of Air after all.
- Gali is normally calm and collected as the Toa of Water
- Poor Communication Kills: Played for laughs when Kopaka is buried under a pile of rocks after Pohatu tried to warn him to move out of the way. Also happens again in Chapter Two when Onua tries to catch Tahu and fails after the latter is picked up by a Nui-Rama and is dropped quite a distance...Of course,Tahu doesn't really get hurt despite falling from that high.
- The Power of Friendship: The Toa Mata realize this during their first battle as a team in Chapter Two...
- Ridiculously Human Robots: Everyone that's appeared thus far looks quite human. Heck, the Nui-Rama looks like a mutant insect. The Muaka looks like a lion, The Nui-Jaga looks like a scorpion, and the Tarakava look like bipedal lizards...
- Shot for Shot Remake: As stated above, BM is based off the actual Bionicle storyline and so far, the adaptatation hasn't strayed too far from it's source material.
- Pages 2-11 of Chapter One are a remake of the first Bionicle Comic from the 2001-2003 run...
- Chapter Two retells the tales found in Bionicle Chronicles 1 and also pulls from the second and third bionicle comic of the 2001-2003 series...
- Chapter Three's source material comes from Bionicle Chronicles 1
- Shout-Out: Tahu, Lewa, and Pohatu's hair styles all look similar to that of a certain yellow boy...
- The Smurfette Principle: Same as in the actual bionicle storyline, Gali's the only woman on the team.
- Super-Deformed: Takua in Chapter Four when he get's bent out of shape after Onua asks who he is...
- What the Hell, Hero?: Gali gives one of these to Tahu near the end of Chapter 3 after the latter carelessly shoots a fire ball at a tree containing a Kanohi mask that the group needs.
- She gives another one in Chapter 4 to Kopaka of all people. Maybe kicking Tahu down a large hole wasn't worth it after all...
- What Would X Do?: Tahu asks this early on in chapter two when he is ambushed by tiny scorpions that absorb fire. Thank god he though of Lewa...
- X-Ray Vision: Kopaka's main mask power