is a now discontinued webcomic written by MetroKard and drawn by three different artists. It's about a struggling young artist named Eric. One day, Eric is sitting at his desk and he draws a Cat Girl
, then wishes that she was real. And then, suddenly, she is. Just like that. Within moments of her mysterious creation, Kate becomes the master of the house, demanding that Eric wait on her hand and foot. Due to her abrasive behavior, Kate tends to get Eric in trouble, so much of the comic centers around Eric fixing problems, or suffering consequences
. Over the course of the series, they meet Foley, an old high school friend of Eric's who Kate develops an immediate dislike for.
The series is currently discontinued, with the website having been taken down several years ago.
This comic provides examples of:
- Art Evolution: Subverted. Three different artists have drawn the comic, beginning with Look, then followed by two other artists. The art style of Look and the third and final artist are notably more sophisticated than the second artist, who drew the bulk of the series.
- Butt Monkey: Eric, usually as a result of Kate's antics.
- Casanova Wannabe: Foley. Even when he is successful, the woman in question is usually ...not a woman.
- Cat Girl
- Deadpan Snarker: All characters have their moments, but the resident Snarker has to be Eric.
- Gonk: Eric's girlfriend at the start of the series. Quickly becomes his ex.
- Jerk Ass: All the characters have shades of this.
- Jerk Sue: Kate can come off as this, mainly during the second artist's run. She softens up into a Jerkass Woobie during the third artist's run.
- Magical Girlfriend: The basic premise of the entire series.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Although she doesn't exactly take him on adventures, Kate is something like this to Eric.
- Occidental Otaku: Eric.
- Only Sane Man: Eric, again.
- Ridiculously Average Guy: Eric is first described as this, although he gains traits as the series goes along.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Kate has Foley, whom she instantly hates from the moment he laid eyes on her...and tried to hit on her. Several of the proceeding strips were based around her convincing Eric to beat him up, only for Eric to discover that it's his old high school buddy.
- Troubled Backstory Flashback: The "Young Eric" arc (see Whole Episode Flashback below) is something of a parody, although it has shades of this.
- Unlucky Everydude: Eric
- Whole Episode Flashback: The "Young Eric" arc features Kate finding a journal written by Eric in his high school days.