Web Video / the most popular grl @ hopes peak
the most popular grl @ hopes peak
is an ongoing YouTube
series that parodies
the visual novels of Dangan Ronpa
with audio from The Most Popular Girls in School
. The show is set in an actual High School A.U.
where the characters experience a (relatively) normal high school life. The story follows Diandra, the high school's newest addition. In her stay at Hope's Peak High, she comes across a brooding war between the Cheer Squad and the Van Buren Sisters. It's up to Diandra to choose which side will win the conflict, or lose more than her popularity.
Meawhile, several other plot lines threaten to cross paths. The football team is headed to state championships in spite of Tanner's homosexuality, Matthew's lack of genitalia, and Jonathan's constant intrusions in the boy's locker rooms; Rachael and Judy hatch a devious plan meant to get people to finally notice them; Brittany is accused of giving second-rate handjobs by her ex; and the prom will arrive soon.
The series was created by YouTube
user moxroxursox and can be found here
- Adaptation Distillation
- Alpha Bitch: Up to Eleven, with nearly every female character getting her moment of bitchiness
- Big Eater: Diandra rings up $57.28 at a school cafeteria.
"Can I get a hot dog?...Let me get some tater tots. Oh, and also a slice of pepperoni pizza, and also a basket of jalepeño poppers, and chicken nuggets, a ketchup boat, three potato pancakes, a creamsicle, two quesadillas, a bread loaf, side of ranch, some Pixi Stix, taco salad, order of ribs, aaaaaaand a Diet Coke. No, strawberry shake. No! Diet Coke. No! Both."
- Cluster F-Bomb
- Cultural Translation: In changing the story, the creator also changed the location from Japan to the Midwestern United States, specifically Overland Park, Kansas.
- Dysfunctional Family: The Tices
- Et Tu, Brute?: Trisha voting for Brittany to be prom queen, effectively betraying McKenzie.
"Do you hate me, Trisha? Is that why you just butt-fucked my prom campaign?"
- Even Evil Has Standards: The Van Burens, upon seeing Diandra's arms ripped off, are visibly shaken. Only McKenzie has an indifferent position on the matter.
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French: Cezanne-Margherite, though she may be from Montreal.
- Freak Out!: After Diandra's arms are ripped off, Trisha finally confronts Ashley Katchadorian about not watching the door. In a five minute episode, her rant went on for two minutes.
- Girl Posse:
- The Cheer Squad
- The Van Burens
- I Have to Poop Now: Diandra in Episode 10. Her distraction fails.
- In the Blood: The Van Buren Sisters
- Living Legend: Cameron Van Buren is, as stated by Trisha, "the most popular girl in the history of the Blue Valley School District".
- Lover Tug-of-War: Episode 10. The result is gruesome, to say the least.
- Make-Out Kids: Blaine and Cezanne-Margherite in Episode 2. French kiss, indeed.
- Oh, Crap!: Diandra realizing both sides of the war have found out her traitor status.
- Recycled In Space: The Most Popular Girls in School WITH Dangan Ronpa CHARACTERS!
- Rock Bottom: Bridget
Judy: Hey, Bridget. How's it going?
Bridget: Well, I'm 27 and I am still living with my parents in Overland Park, I have an art history degree from a night school. My cat just died. I've lost 25% of my sphincter muscles. I get a clicking sound in my jaw when I eat. I drive a '91 Dodge Neon. I have ovarian cysts. Sometimes I pee the bed, still. I have alopecia. The only man who wants to fuck me is my forty-eight year old manager at Pizza Street. P.S. he only has one ball. So I guess... better than you.
- Running Joke: Brittany saying "Fucking Connor DeVarnen!"
- Serious Business: The only way you're getting out of cheer practice is if you are dying.
- WHY WEREN'T YOU WATCHING THE DOOR, ASHLEY KATCHADORIAN!?
- Continued references to popular television shows featuring teenagers, including Gossip Girl and Glee.
- Jonathan wanted to call himself Uncle Jessie in the third grade, so long as the football team called themselves The Rippers.
- Trisha tells Ashley it's her fault Diandra's arms were ripped off. Since Ashley was visiting the Pearl Harbor Museum with her family at the time, Trisha compares the incident to the Michael Bay film.
"I'm Ben Affleck and I'm holding two fucking girls arms! And you're Cuba Gooding Jr., disappointing everybody! Live with that!"
- Toilet Humour: Diandra is the biggest culprit of such jokes.
- Wham Episode: Episode 10 reminds us we're still in the Dangan Ronpa universe.
- Wild Card: Diandra consistently flips between the Cheer Squad and the Van Burens, depending on the best deal.
- Wondrous Ladies Room: Fourth Floor of Oak Park Mall, next to the Gymboree:
"It's got potted plants, jumbo tampons, and a bidet for your vagina."