Web Video / Starship Farragut
is a Science Fiction Web Originals
series based on Star Trek
created by Gene Roddenberry
Developed by John Broughton and Paul R. Sieber - who also play Captain John T. Carter and Security Officer Lt. Henry Prescott, respectively - the series follows the adventures of the crew of the Starship Farragut during the wild and woolly days of The Federation
of the Original series era.
A new live-action episode, The Price Of Anything
, is due for release in October 2012.
To date the following live-action episodes have been released:
- The Captaincy
- For Want of a Nail
Starship Farragut: the Animated Episodes:
- Power Source
- The Needs of the Many
Two shorter eps called "Crew Logs":
- A Rock and a Hard Place
- Just Passing Through.
Starship Farragut provides tropes examples of:
- Action Girl: Don't mess with geologist Angela Bishop— you'll get a rock aimed at your head, or end up disintegrated with a phaser.
- Klingon Scientists Get No Respect: Averted. The Klingons are very eager to get more Unobtainium for their new weapon.
- Moment Killer: In A Rock and a Hard Place, Carter and visiting geologist (and old flame) Angela Bishop get interrupted by attacking Klingons.
- Red Shirt: Averted. For a change, the typical redshirt Security guards are actually useful.
- Shout-Out: To the scene in TOS episode "Charlie X" where Kirk wrestles with his security chief. Although, we never see Carter and Prescott wrestle.
- Tomboyish Name: Lt. Commander Michelle Smithfield is always called "Mike".
- Would Hit a Girl: Lt. Commander Smithfield gets knocked out by a Klingon. She gets him back, though.