"Release the birth certificate!Mock The Dummy
— Pretty much every MTD episode ever.
is a YouTube
show that parodizes conservative/right wing politics and pundits with dummies.
Tropes that appear in Mock The Dummy:
- Acting for Two: The creator seems to have a limited supply of dummies and reuses the same dummy for a myriad of different characters. Also, they're also voiced by the same person.
- Catch Phrase: Oh, so many...
- "Release the birth certificate!" and "Validate the birth certificate!"
- Caught Up in the Rapture: In "When Dummies Get Called Home."
- Cure Your Gays: Invoked in "How Dummies Sell Their Boehner." Marcus Bachmann Dummy: "I just want to watch Boner." Michelle Bachmann Dummy: "MARCUS! Pray it AWAY!"
- Demonic Dummy: Though not in the usual sense, since every character is a dummy. A video that parodies The Ring has a Samara!Michelle Bachmann!dummy.
- Double Entendre: They're especially fond of this whenever they do something involving John Boehner.
- Drunk with Power: Sometimes literally.
- The Fundamentalist: Of the Christian variety.
- Moral Myopia: Parodied, of course.
- Older Than They Think: Invoked in "Why Dummies Want to Forget the Tea Party Ancestry" by parodying various groups who made the more or less the same complaints that right-wingers make today, and all eventually lost out.
- Only Sane Dummy: The newscaster, quite often.
- Orwellian Editor: "Texas, please re-write the Tea Party history soon. I mean, let's face it: it makes us look like... dummies."
- Running Gag: "...Boner." "Bayner!"
- Some of My Best Friends Are X: "I have a great relationship with the blacks!"
- Strawman Political: As a parody of right-wing politics... obviously.
- Transparent Closet: Politicians who are known for "deviant" behavior in real life.
- You Can Panic Now: "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!"