Web Comic: Only Human
Only Human is a comic by Sinlaire.500 years into future, Earth has suffered numerous catastrophes and humanity as we know it is dead. Humans have been replaced by cyborgs, called automa, and robots. The story follows a automa called Doctor and his assistant, a robot called Yurika. One day, they find an ancient capsule, which reveals a little girl inside. What makes this girl special, is that she is pure human. No mechanical components at all. Unfortunately, she has no memory of her time before the capsule was opened and there is no information available why she was sealed inside the capsule.Story follows trios life as they life day by day and try to dicsover secret behind the little girl, named Ely. Can be found here.
Tropes that appear in this work:
- After the End: Earth has been devasted, but instead of being a wasteland, nature has reclaimed it.
- Arch-Enemy: Yurika and Ryouta are this by their nature since they where built to destroy each other and as a result, will attack on sight.
- Cyborg: Humans have abandoned their biological bodies in favor of cyborg bodies, called automa.
- Dumb Muscle: Yurika is very strong but far from the sharpest knife in the drawer.
- Easily Detachable Robot Parts: Yurika seems to be fond of detaching her head for no obvious detriment. Other robots seem to also be able to detach their body parts when needed.
- Eating Machine: While Yurika and Doctor don't need to eat(they don't even have taste buds), they still partake in a meal with Ely who most definitely needs to eat.
- Great Offscreen War: Luna War I and Luna War II.
- Humanity's Wake: Humans are gone, to point where Elys existence as a pure human is something that others find weird.
- Identity Amnesia: Ely has no knowledge who she is.
- Last of His Kind: Ely.
- Lethal Chef: Yurika tries to make food based on pictures she saw in a book and looks outstanding, but as soon as she tastes it she explodes. Even more impressive since she is not supposed to know what bad taste is.
- Lost Technology: Much of the technology has been lost and scavenging is normal. Still, somehow Mother can build more robots.
- Mechanical Lifeforms: Robots and automata now populate the world.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: Ely gives these to the Doctor when he mentions they should not take her to the city.
- Robo Cam: There are few glimpses of world shown from robot point of view, which all follow this.
- Robot Girl: Yurika and several others. This despite Yurika being specifically desinged as a combat robot.
- Spaceship Girl: Mei, or at least her projection.
- Sapient Ship: Mei.
- Scavenger World
- Skele Bot 9000: Several robot desings.
- Slept Through the Apocalypse: Ely, who was placed in a hibernation pod.
- Supreme Chef: In stark contrast to Yurika, Doctor had cooking as a hobby when he was human and is still an outstanding chef despite he not having the ability to taste anymore.
- Telescoping Robot: Yurika seems to be able to extend her hands, despite there being no obvious joints/telecosping mechanism.
- Third-Person Person: Yurika speaks only in third person when referring to herself.
- TV Head Robot: The Doctor, interestingly enough, is one. It is otherwise static, except for one eye.
- Unusual Ears: Yurika has cat years, despite being a combat robot-