Web Animation / Fun With Cobra
Cobra and one of her many, many victims.
La la la, Cobraa!
Another deceptively cute web animation from the mind of Amy Winfrey
, it stars a Cobra named... Cobra
. Everyone else besides said Cobra tends to be murdered by the snake herself
The series has a "cut paper on paper" look, similar to another show
the creator worked on.
Its humor is virtually entirely Black Comedy
, running on the principle that watching people die is funny. And let's face it, it is in this show.
All of the currently aired episodes are available on Amy Winfrey's YouTube
channel, though it seems to be an orphaned series
at this point, since the last short was aired in December of 2012.
This show provides examples of:
- Asshole Victim: Rat bashed Rabbit's head in because the latter wouldn't stop screaming about the searingly painful venom in his eyes. This makes Rat easily the most deserving of Cobra's "victims."
- Beware the Cute Ones: Cobra is so cute, you wouldn't believe how often she "Accidentally" kills her fellow animals.
- Cute Is Evil: Cobra tends to apply, for while sometimes the deaths are accidental, in the first episode she eats a rat she invited to her tea party, because to quote, "Something smells delicious? Why, it's you rat!" Cue picture of her devouring it.
- Dissonant Serenity: Cobra's first two victims at the dentist's office are really calm when they meet death. The first one simply said: "So this is what it feels like to die." The other? "Tell my son I forgive him."
- Eye Scream: A rabbit gets venom in its eyes in one episode.
- Gang of Hats: Cobra gets attacked by a LITERAL group of hats in her dream. Also a pair of pants and one shoe.
- Happily Ever After: The ending of all the episodes, though this view is really only seen by Cobra and the narrator. Everyone else can't really express their feelings on the matter because they're a little too busy being... Dead.
- I'm Cold... So Cold...: A hedgehog remarks that "I feel so cold inside" right before "she passed out dead," as the narrator puts it, in "Tea Time with Cobra."
- Noodle Incident: In "Tea Time with Cobra," Fox warns Snake about what happened last time they had a tea party... Which is never explained.
- Somehow, all of her party guests being killed is still better than what happened last time.
- Apparently something also happened last time she went to the dentist, which is why this time they decide to give her an anesthetic. It doesn't work out so well.
- Perfect Poison: Cobra's venom kills everything it touches near instantly.
- Plot Allergy: Cobra is allergic to cats, which causes her to sneeze on everyone and break her friendship with a cat in "A Costume Party with Cobra."
- Sneeze of Doom: Cobra's sneezes become this to anyone who's unfortunate enough to be around her when her nose feels the urge.
- The Strength of Seven Bears: Cobra gets this from an anesthetic in one episode.
- The Tooth Hurts: Cobra's fang hurts and she must be injected with anesthetic in "A Trip to the Dentist with Cobra."