Web Animation: Funny Horsie
Funny Horsie, BAHHHHHHH
Funny Horsie, as directed by the wonderful mind of Chriddof
, is one of Britain's most well-loved, yet obscure children's programmes. The programme takes a rather surreal, and downright bizarre approach to being informational, so much so that every company who produced an episode ended up declining to produce another.
This work provides examples of:
- Credits Gag: Every episode does this, but its often nonsense vaguely related to the content of the episode. And Ken Morse with the Rostrum Camera.
- Guest Host: After an episode which causes the ITV network to go on strike, episode 6 replaces Funny Horsie with Funny Donkey.
- Mind Screw: While the series itself is always a bit strange, things started getting downright bizarre beginning on Episode 9.
- Opening Narration: Often includes naming the episode number, and saying what Funny Horsie is going to do.
- Shout-Out: Episode 5 and 6 makes reference to the infamous ITV technicians' strike of 1979.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Socky the Sock Puppet wants to teach kids about sharing and caring. Yet, the narrator is constantly interrupts him with a reminder that it is in fact, "EPISODE THREE."
- Station Ident/Logo Joke: The production company is different every time; including such ones as Television Southeasternwesternern, Rape Productions (Not to be confused with Rape Vision, a charitable organization), Mrs. Thatcher Productions, Clowns TV Ltd., Bumarse, Television Television Television Television Television Vision, and Courtney Love Productions ("I MADE THIS.")
- Subverted Kids Show: It has covered topics such as homosexuality, communism, and the modern state of the ITV system. How can it not be a kid's show?
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: Episode Three's credits: