Alexis Thorpe was not human or at least already knew that John was immortal.
This is the young girl who asked if John met any dinosaurs think about that for a moment she's a college student asking something a question that most children under the age of 10 would know the answer to. Then when people start getting angry or scared she just sits there like none of this stuff is knew to her until the end where she ask the question that proves all of this real "Your name it's a pun isn't it Oldman 'Old Man' did that help you with your story?" smiles a knowing smile and walks off without fear or amazement like she knew he was lying about it all being a lie from the start.
Also as a side note she is the only person apart from John Oldman or Will Gruber who has a last name or at least according to IMDB
The Man In The 1600's was...
- or at least an alternative version of Mr. Flint, as Star Trek was mentioned.
- John is 14,000 years old, more than twice as old as Flint claimed to be. Maybe the other immortal John met in the 1600's was Flint.
- A bit of a stretch, perhaps, but his people did think he was a shaman (psyker) and the Emperor is at one point implied to have been the inspiration for Jesus. The main problem with this (besides the otherwise vastly different tones) is that John claims to be (probably) from (what is now) France, whereas the Emperor is from Anatolia (now known as Turkey).
- Unless John found out his reconstruction of his distant past was wrong. Not a stretch considering how little he has to go on.
John is just a delusional regular guy after all
- But he has the same father as Gruber. The guy has a habit of abandoning families and leaving messed up kids behind. John knows stuff from Gruber's childhood because his father told him, and looks enough like his father to provoke the shock of recognition in Gruber who last saw the guy some 50 years ago.
- Yeah except that john is expliciently said to be in his mid-30's, an Guber is in his early 70's so unless Gruber's father dated someone in his 60's or 70's, John is Ageless.