The Friends on the Other Side and the High Council of Heroes are both currently beginning scouting missions within the Marvel Universe.Recently, one of Chernabog's attempts to escape the Other Side created a rift between worlds, opening the pathway to this world of heroes. The pathway is new, and not yet fully opened, so it's not possible to travel between the worlds yet. However, agents are able to cross the gateway, and have been sent by both the heroes and villains to begin reporting back on the possible allies that live in this world. Both sides have managed to acquire a few allies already. And now a new rift has opened, in a galaxy far, far away... (Re-Edit with content from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.)
Friends on the Other SideFriends Dormammuu: And old ally of Chernabog, Dormammuu is a conqueror of universes and dimensions. Possibly the biggest friend with his face dwarfing humans easily, Dormammuu was powerful and successful enough to even rival Chernabog on some of their infighting. However, his vast success came to an unexpected halt when he reached Earth. For the original Ancient One saw the danger in having Dormammuu approach, and thus set up several sanctums around earth to shield earth from the dark dimension. As such, Dormammuu became obsessed with absorbing this "meddlesome" dimension and claiming its power. However at the same time, with a near infinite number of dimensions to conquer, Dormammuu still finds other dimensions to take out his rage on with his repeated failures to take earth.
- Dormammuu got a bit of a scare recently when Dr. Strange trapped him in a time loop. Unable to think of how to act differently in stopping Strange's "bargaining" technique, and thus found himself forced to recall his acolytes and leave earth alone for a bit. That being said, he's always planning on finding a loophole to get around his bargain. After all, he's Dormammuu. And he has all the time in the world to figure out another way back to earth.
- While he did manage to get a couple thousand souls when he activated "The expansion", the Guardians of the Galaxy killed him, and Ego returned to Dormammu, who was none too pleased to see him again.
- Unfortunately, there was one man who founded a resistance to destroy everything: Captain America. The Skull had gathered plenty of souls through the process of raising HYDRA to heights, but in his final battle with the Captain, he unfortunately triggered the cube, transporting him away from the bomber. However, despite the disappointment in his failure in his final campaign, Dormammuu and Ego admitted that he was still a master organizer, and as such gave him role of Dragon-in-Chief of their Inner Circle, planning their next great battles with the High Council.
The Marvel High CouncilThe Leadership Stan Lee the Watcher: the most powerful being in this universe. Is he an old World War II veteran? A postman? A security Guard? No, he's a cosmic being who takes time to briefly visit parts of the universe during great crisis. Nickolas (Nick) Fury: The former Director of SHIELD was once the council's go to man for ground operations in defeating the friends. While a bit manipulative and paranoid, nobody doubted that he was a good coordinator in taking on threats from the friends. And of course, there's all his good work in preparing them for handling the Chitauri crisis. But then the Tri Carrier crisis came about, and Fury was supposedly killed. He wasn't of course, but with the collapse of the visible SHIELD in the aftermath, Fury decided to take up full time work with the Council. Coordinating missions with their warriors, and preparing for the next big threat. Phil Coulson: Fury's good eye, Phil was a dedicated and mild agent who gradually rose to favor due to his gentle love of what SHIELD does. Believing in their goals to protect people wholeheartedly. In fact he was so well regarded that Fury even tried an experimental process on him to bring him back from the dead. It was...painful to say the least, but he chose to use his new life for a re-commitment to helping out with the next crisis.
- Given a team, and picking up a young hacker on the way, he became a SHIELD ground agent again, until the collapse of SHIELD, at which point Fury made HIM the new director of SHIELD.
- Cap proved an effective field commander, but unfortunately his older ways of thinking made doing less pleasant activities..troublesome to him. Indeed, he lacked administrative skills to rise higher in the High Council, but was the go to leader for countless missions as The Lancer. Furthermore, after discovering the Rot of HYDRA within SHIELD, despite the high cost, Stan Lee gave him a gracious thank you for saving the world from a near disaster again.
- Of course, that's when the Sokovia Accords began, and the hero community split over accountability vs freedom. Steve chose to go rogue to protect his friend Bucky from his wrongful actions, and everyone paid a high cost for it, as the avengers were reduced to 2 healthy active members, and Cap took his team underground. Despite this though, Cap still sends messages to the Council as though in public Stark has to condemn him, in the secret high council meetings, he's always willing to give Cap a hug and a pat on the back for helping the world.
Other ForcesStick and the Chaste: The Ravagers: An organization of space pirates, the ravagers are a frustration for both sides of the war. They're far too greedy to become warriors for the council, but at the same time too honorable to be bought by the friends...usually. Mordo: The green prodigy of Kamar Taj, Mordo was once a dedicated and rigid warrior for the sorcerers of earth. He was strong, talented, a teaching assistant despite his relative newness, but unfortunately he was fanatically dedicated to "the rules" of magical use. As such, during the crisis with Kaicilius, he found out the Ancient One was using power from the dark dimension just as her enemy was. While he did help save the world, he felt that Strange was using reality bending magic too much, and thus left the order, with a new goal to remove magic from all sorcerers. The friends are very invested in getting Mordo on their side so Dormammuu could attack again. For now though, Mordo does his own thing, both sides trying to get a powerful ally back on their side.