Jokey throws presents to help creatures shake Gargamelís spell.
Grouchy stomps the ground hard and can break blocks.
Hefty throws his barbells to release creatures from Gargamelís spell.
Gutsy uses super punches to free creatures or break through anything.
Brainy uses his calculations to jump higher than other Smurfs.
Clumsy can tumble past danger and free creatures from Gargamelís spell.
Smurfette can float in the air and cross areas of great danger.
Vanity freezes in place so all can admire him or use him to get to high places.
The Video Game Adaptation also contains examples of:
- Adaptation Expansion: Not only is the storyline altered and expanded upon to allow for various levels, more Smurfs are given roles as playable characters.
- Art Shift: The cutscenes are presented in the form of a storybook, with the illustrations done as if they were stills from a traditionally animated episode. The Narrator even pitches his voice to read different characters' dialogue as if reading aloud to a child, rather than having the actual voice actors speak those lines.
- Ascended Extra: Brainy, Gutsy, Hefty and Jokey are all promoted to playable characters.
- Demoted to Extra: By contrast, the Winslows are only given a brief cameo contained entirely within a cutscene, where Papa and the others briefly pop into New York to learn Gargamel's whereabouts before immediately leaving them behind.
- Auto-Save: This game automatically saves your progress.
- Auto-Scrolling Level: Two of the levels in this game automatically scroll vertically, forcing you to constantly be moving upward towards the finish line.
- An Ice Person: One of the Polar Bear's attacks is breathing out cold air and ice at any Smurf.
- The Corruption: Gargamel's magic causes various wildlife to turn mean and nasty, forcing the Smurfs to fight them.
- Dual Boss: Vexy and Hackus.
- Final Boss: Gargamel.
- Floating in a Bubble: Some levels require you to float in a bubble to reach areas you wouldn't be able to otherwise.
- Goomba Stomp: The Smurfs' primary means of attack.
- Lethal Lava Land: The Lava Jungle.
- Toilet Humor: The Frog boss battle that takes place in the Enchanted Forest would burp out green bubbles that can harm any Smurf.
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: The Arctic Tundra.
- Theme Music Power-Up: The Smurfs theme tune plays whenever the True Blue Spell is active.
- Vocal Evolution: Anton Yelchin's Clumsy voice sounds a lot deeper in the game compared to the live-action films and two animated holidays specials that came with each DVD.